DOLL – Danish Outdoor Lighting Lab
Demonstrating activity-based lighting solutions on the market
To save energy there is a need of developing advanced solutions such as movement sensors which help turning down the lighting to the minimum. To control a combined road with both pedestrian, bike and car lanes, there will be a test installation in DOLL Living Lab, which is an international visitor destination on smart lighting installations. Using DOLL as the pilot site in DK makes the project very feasible for communication and scaling. The installation will be carried out in close cooperation with companies innovating in the field on movement sensors.
At the DOLL Living Lab of the City of Albertslund 50 lighting points will be renovated and upgraded with new movement sensors, new control of traffic signals and a new presentation platform for integration of lighting solutions.
Characteristics of the (pilot site) area:
- Industrial area used as an outdoor lighting lab
- Frequented by commuting cars and bicycles (on lanes) and trucks for transport & logistics
Current lighting situation:
- Area currently demonstrates 80 different lighting solutions, presented along 12km of roads and bike lanes.
Aims of the pilot site project:
- Cohesive analysis and presentation of the possibilities in activity-based lighting solutions on the market by replacing/upgrading 50 light points and equiping them with motion detection technologies.
- The new light points, together with existing installations, should make a connected route through the DOLL Living Lab.
The LUCIA pilot project in DOLL in Albertslund is about replacing and upgrading upgrading 50 existing light points and equipping them with motion detection technologies. The new light points, together with existing installations, should make a connected route through the DOLL Living Lab – and create the basis for a cohesive analysis and presentation of the possibilities in activity-based lighting solutions on the market. The task includes technical planning and surveillance of the work done, including installation of new traffic control signals (in two sites) and new motion sensors (in 15 sites). It is desired that the solutions with motion sensors can be integrated into the existing CMS systems.
The LUCIA pilot project in Albertslund will implement solutions for different types of roads and various types of motion sensors will be tested.